Warrants & Records
The Houston County Sheriff's Office is a proud partner of the Macon Regional Crime Stoppers. The Houston County Sheriff's Office Warrant/Civil Division in 2005, 2008, 2009 and 2010 led the Macon Regional Crime stoppers in arrests from tips received.
If you wish to report a tip on a wanted person or have tip for solving a crime you can call Crime stoppers at 742-2330 or 1-877-68CRIME (27463) and if your tip leads to an arrest you can receive a reward of up to $1000.
All office hours are Monday thru Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM except holidays.
The Warrant Division's primary responsibilities include serving warrants that are received by the Houston County Sheriff's Office as well as for the transportation of those wanted who are arrested outside of Houston County including extraditions from outside the State of Georgia.
A warrant which is being sent to the Sheriff’s Office from outside of Houston County should be mailed to the Warner Robins address located at 202 Carl Vinson Parkway, Warner Robins, GA 31088, attention: Warrants. The warrant should be a certified copy of the warrant with a statement that the agency is willing to transport the suspect from Houston County if the subject is located.
The Warrant Division is also responsible for fingerprinting those persons who need this service. Fingerprint cards are provided if needed, on an FD-258 form only. We do not provide ink service as we only use a digital Livescan machine. For those who have their own fingerprint cards, please do DO NOT fill out your card(s). The fee for this service is $20.00 cash only and requires an appointment. If you have questions about fingerprinting, please call 478-542-2095. Please note that we do not transmit fingerprints to produce backgrounds. This service is provided between the hours of 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
The Civil Division is charged with the service of all civil process including subpoenas, civil suits, and child support issued by the Superior and State Courts of Houston County and any other court in the United States that request our service. The service fees which are charged for this service, are set by state law. When sending or bringing in a paper or subpoena for service please send the item to be served along with a self-addressed stamped envelope and a business check or money order for the correct amount issued to our Perry, GA location made attention to: Houston County Sheriff's Office, 201 Perry Parkway, Perry, GA 31069. If there are any special requests for service for example, personal service only or no services after a certain time or day, please note that on the service form.
- Subpoena - $10.00 per subpoena and or parties to be served
- Civil Suits - $50.00 per paper and or parties to be served
- Writ of Possession - $50.00 per paper and or parties to be served.
- Fi-Fa-$50.00 plus any advertising fee for the legal add and storage fee if necessary.
The Houston County Sheriff's Office Records Division responsibilities include:
- Storage of all reports filed by this office and for entering all warrants that are received for service, both in our local records management as well as into the Georgia Crime Information Center.
- Handles all requests by the public for copies of reports.
- Processes all open records request that are forwarded through the Sheriff's Office administration and all record restriction requests.
- Record restriction requests: $25 for Sheriff's Office
- If Approved by the courts: $25 for GCIC
- Works closely with all divisions within the Sheriff's Office to insure a timely and accurate flow of information.
- If you have questions or need assistance you may call the Records Division at 478-542-2130.
- If you require a criminal history, our Front Desk can provide this service twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. The Front Desk provides criminal history requests for individuals after being properly identified with picture identification, or at the request of employers if a notarized release has been signed granting the employer permission to obtain the persons history. There is a fee of $20 which must be remitted in cash, correct change only. A receipt will be issued for your payment. If you have questions about criminal histories, you may call the Front Desk at 478-542-2080.